Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy some of the feeds and videos that I manage to add to the blog. This is really trial and error for me so I'll join you on the 23 things journey

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blogs on my mind

I'm still coming back to the Blogs topic trying to think about ways that they can be relevant and get interaction from the developer and an audience. Why use a blog? As I am beginning the Wiki I am thinking also about when to use a blog as compared to a Wiki? What's the difference. When to use one or the other.

On doing the Wiki reading I came across this site that is a quite long .ppt but has lots of facts, links and examples of Blogs, RSS and Wikis. You may want to have a look at it.

http://library.swantafe.wa.edu.au/library_site/slibrary/weblinks/Subject/Blogs,Wikis/DHookOaltAbopresentation[1].ppt#257,1,Staying Connected with Blogs, Wikis & RSS Feeds

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erika, great PP - will look at a few of the wikis, blogs a bit more closely when time permits. The link has an awfully long URL, to get a more user-friendly link, why not go to www.tinyurl.com. You can download a toolbar button also. This lets you copy and paste in any horrendously long URL and converts it into a much shorter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue
    I will give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Erika & Sue - excellent tip about tiny URL - seen it never understood how it worked ! Now know..
    Cheers
    Desmond

    ReplyDelete